Insight on Celebrity issues as well as Social issues in the Media. Entertainment but will hopefully help some people. Will try to give you a little bit of drama in my personal life from time to time. Sex, sports, drugs, and entertainment is what this country was built off of.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
"Greek Triple Jumper Banned From Olympics for Racist Tweet"
Triple jumper Voula Papachristou won't fulfill her dreams of attending the 2012 Olympics due to a racist tweet. She wrote, "With so many Africans in Greece, at least the West Nile mosquitoes will be eating food from their own home."
Papachristou let the tweet linger for a couple days before deciding to issue an apology. "I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal twitter account. I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone or to encroach human rights."
Source: huffingtonpost.com
In 2012 this type of thing is still going on. This is how people truly feel. Forget about the apology. If this is what's said in the Internet for all to see, imagine what's said behind close doors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment