Most recently, Forbes' released its list of the highest paid rappers, and of course it named most of the top-tier artists and producers working in the hip hop industry. One artist who many people may have been surprised to see on the list is Atlanta's own Ludacris. He's embarked on several different business ventures in recent times, such as "Soul by Ludacris" headphones and the Conjure Cognac line. In an interview with Forbes, Luda explained some of his endeavors.
"I rap at least once a year that I'm on one of the Forbes lists, and that's a great thing. The headphones are part of the reason. When we talk about building brands, we're not in it for the short run. It's not about getting in and hurrying up and trying to sell something. We get offers all the time; that doesn't mean we take every offer that comes to us. It's almost the same as someone working in an office building from nine to five, and then on the weekends they go partying. Every human being has different sides to themselves, and they showcase their emotions in different ways. I'd be doing fans a disservice if I only showed one side of myself."
Luda also spoke on his upcoming "Ludaversal" album which is due to release on September 11th. He discussed what fans can expect to hear from his latest project.
"I traveled the world over the last two years, I got to see a lot of things and had a lot of experiences," he says. "That's what Ludaversal is all about. Really kind of being vulnerable and letting you into my life...people are definitely going to understand a lot more about the personal side of Chris Bridges when they hear this album."
Source: hiphopdx.com
No comments:
Post a Comment