Monday, October 1, 2012

Diddy Says He Doesn't Raise Kids "As Celebrity Children"

Despite Diddy's incredible success, he hasn't taken the road that many other celebrity parents have of putting his children in the spotlight and exposing them to the type of "cameras flashing" lifestyle that he is used to.  He recently spoke to Hollywood Live's Billy Bush and Kit Hoover about how he has raised his children as normal kids.  Diddy stressed that when he and his children's' mothers go to school events, or any type of public activity, he refuses to let people take pictures because he wants the attention focused on his children.  He acts the same way when it comes to attending his son Justin Combs' UCLA college football games.
"He's done everything normal.  That's one of the things that I think that raising my kids – myself and the mothers of my children – we don't raise them as celebrity children.  We don't allow taking pictures at their recitals and things like that. We don't wanna be rude or nothing, but it's their time, it's their moment. I'm there to support them as a parent.  
"So even the tailgating situation, I just go there as a parent.  I tell people like, 'I'm off today. I'm really here to support my son.' It's about my son.  I dress in full UCLA garb.  I'm fully committed, I'm a full Bruin."

No comments:

Post a Comment